Monday, March 30, 2015

Stim days 11-13 and monitoring #3 & #4 results

I got to see my ovaries twice in the last 3 days :)
Thank goodness they are making progress still.
Slow progress, but at least it's something.

Saturday's appointment (monitoring visit #3 | 3/28/15)
Endometrial lining- 10
L: 10, 6
R: 13, 11, 11, 10, 10, 9, 9
e2- 1255
 Dr said he wants me to continue stimming for a couple more days. Had to buy $640 worth of medicine since they didn't expect me to last this long without overstimming and I already ran out of my last batch. 

~ {begin rant} ~
Nurse made the comment, " At least the next time you do this, we'll know to start you off at a higher dose from the start. "
1. There won't be a next time because I will never have another 15k to drop on infertility. 
2. Do you not have any hope of this working for us on the the first try? Thanks for the positive vibes.)
Nurse then added, "we just couldn't have predicted that your body wouldn't react like every other normal 27 year old." 
(this was the point at which I almost lost it.)
 I already wanted to cry after learning my lack of response to the meds and now having to fork out additional money, unexpectedly, but now you're openly criticizing me for not being like every other NORMAL 27 year old?
NO SHIT! If I were like every other normal 27 year old, I would have an 8 year old as a result of prom night. Or 5 year old as a result of a hot, drunken 4th of July night in the spare bedroom at a party. Or a 3 year old as a result of the trying to get pregnant after finally having our finances in order and a home to call our own.
Funny, how we decided to wait and be repsonsible adults when it came to bringing a child into the world. I have to wonder every now and then if we would have just had a kid randomly, if we'd be parents to a living, breathing child by now instead of 3 precious little angels. 
~ {End Rant} ~


Staying with 2 Menopurs, 4 Bravelles at night and 1 Cetrotide in the morning.
Next appointment set for Monday morning.

Monday's appointment  (monitoring visit #4 | 3/30/15)
Endometrial lining- [still at] 10
L: 13, 6   [about 5 others also, but didn't measure since they were all very small.]
R: 15, 15, 14, 14, 13, 12, 11
e2-  1695
Dr wants me to stim tonight and have me back tomorrow for another ultrasound and more blood work. He said, "we're almost there. You should be able to trigger tomorrow."
I really hope so. I'm not sure how much more medicine I can afford to purchase.
I guess he wants those few  < 15mm follicles to catch up in size a little bit. Tomorrow we're hoping that everyone will be 1mm greater than they were this morning and then we'll trigger for an egg retrieval on Thursday. By ER day, they want all of them to be 15-20, with 18 being the magical number.
As sad as I am that my left ovary decided not to join the party, I'm glad it produced 1 good follicle for us. For all I know, that one contains my future kid. 

Here are two pictures of the right ovary- a view from the front and the back






No comments:

Post a Comment