Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Cost Infertility.

We are officially less than 1 week away from starting injections!
I take my last birth control pill tomorrow , will hopefully start my new cycle by Monday, see Dr. Reproductive on Tuesday morning to sign consent forms and go over drug mixing and administering, and then start with the nightly pokes Wednesday, March 18th.

The HSG|Sono|Mock Transfer wasn't as bad as my HSG at the hospital a few years ago. It definitely hurt just as bad but it was over in less than 5 minutes, whereas the one last time took around 15 minutes or so. The Dr said [and I quote] "Everything looks beautiful."

**Gasp**
Did he just say everything looks beautiful? Just to clarify I asked him if he saw any cysts or anything?
"Nope! Why? Do you want some?"
[giggle-giggle-giggle]

Enter leaking faucets.. I don't know if it was all of the emotions and anxiety of that morning welling up in my eyes and trickling down my cheeks, or the pain from the procedure, or hearing that my insides were "beautiful" as opposed to "fucked" like I'm use to hearing; maybe it was a mix of everything. After the doctor left the room I tried, succsessfully, to hold it together in front of Barry as I didn't want to loose it in front of anyone just yet. I thought it better to save those tears for a more meaningful moment, not a hormone induced one.  

After the procedure was complete, we were shown across the hall to see Mrs. Financial to go over costs.
IVF w/ ICSI (assuming we need ICSI) will cost $8400.
+ Menopur & Bravelle = approx $1350
+ Cetrotide = $600
+ Crinone =  approx $1100
+ Estradiol = $130

approx total = $11,580
How will I ever tell my child that we spent their entire college fund on conceiving them?

Anyways, yesterday it was Barry's turn to do work. And by work, I mean arrive at 7am to the doctors office, sit in a tiny, quiet little room, and leave a semen sample.
I'll spare the internet of all the juicy details to which I inquired on later that evening during dinner, but just know this: I will be getting a picture of said tiny room the next time Barry has to occupy it and add it to the IVF picture album. I may even make it the cover photo.

With that being said......



No comments:

Post a Comment