Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Stim day 7.

First of all. How has it been 7 days already?!
Am I the only girl in the world who doesn't want IVF to end?
Seriously though.
I feel like I spent all of this money on it and  I just want to enjoy it for as long as possible. I don't even mind giving myself the injections. Believe it or not, I actually kind of like them. I think I like productiveness of it. Up until this point we were unknowingly fighting a loosing battle. But now that we are [somewhat] in control, I don't want this feeling to end.

~   .... And I secretly like pretending to be a nurse every night.   ~

So this morning was the first Cetrotide shot.
I noticed that the needle it a bit bigger than the one I've gotten use to, so that caught me off guard. Also, being that is was only 5:30am when I did it, I wasn't quite awake enough and made the rookie mistake of not pushing the excess air out first and unfortunately didn't realize it until after I'd already jabbed myself.. I'm pretty sure once you use a needle, you aren't suppose to re-insert it so I looked around at my needle stash to change it and that's when I noticed the size difference. I wasn't sure if it was bigger for any certain reason or not so I just wiped the skin down really well with an fresh alcohol pad, plunged the excess air out, and then injected again. 

~   I'm sure I won't drop dead.. and at least if I do, I've left this blog so everyone will eventually know what happened..   ~

Almost immediately after removing the needle I started to feel a little itchy around the injection site. I thought nothing of it.. maybe bigger needles do that to you(?) The entire way to work I noticed it was pretty itchy too so as soon as I got back to my office I lifted my shirt to see what was going on and this is what I found.  Aside from the rash, my side effects are the same with the addition of constipation. And I can REALLY feel my ovaries today. :)

I remembered reading some things online about a certain shot that left an itchy, red rash for 12-24 hours after injecting it and apparently Cetrotide/Ganirelix is it.
~   Lovely...  ~

Summary:
2 vials of Bravelle (150IU)
2 vials of Menopur (150IU)
Cetrotide (0.25mg)
Weight 110.4

No comments:

Post a Comment