Monday, March 16, 2015

2 more days until IVF Start date!

Never thought I'd be so happy for it to be Monday. In 2 days we'll start our injection meds!!!

Today I realized that at our appointment tomorrow morning, we have to pay for everything and I haven't even taken care of the finances yet!!! SOOOO Unlike me! So I ran home to collect our secret stash of money that we've been collecting for the last 7 months or so and deposited it into the bank to add to the rest of our savings. 

Nothing like waiting until the last minute. 
I feel like my brain is busy calculating and comprehending at least 20 different thoughts at any given moment while trying to store very imports tasks that have to be done by certain times and cannot be forgotten. 
I feel pukey about the amount of money we will spending tomorrow. (Literally our entire savings)
I'm scared that IVF won't work. 
I'm scared that IVF actually might work. 
I'm nervous about my white coat syndrome and the amount of doctor appointments I have to look forward to over the next 2 months, and even more if we achieve an actually pregnancy. 
But above all I feel in control. Which is ironic, because control is not even on the list of things I currently own right now. Really, my doctors and ovaries are the only ones in control.. But with this being the first time that things could possible go right for once, I feel in control. I at least feel good knowing that my bullshit tubes aren't the boss.

Last Friday after work I went to Target for:
Bandaids. (which I have an assorted collection of about 200, but I wanted some Minion ones!)
Sweatpants. (but didn't find any cute enough. )
Digital Scale.  (To keep an eye out for OHSS -related fluid retention.)
Gatorade G2. (Because EVERY person online says to drink it to prevent OHSS & bloat. Not that I believe it will actually work, but we'll soon found out.
Coconut water. (also for OHSS and bloat prevention. Which I learned tastes like fucking toilet water.. But since I bought about 96oz of this shit, I'll try to at least mix it with something else.  That stuff isn't cheap.)

And that's about all I've been up to!
I'll check back in tomorrow after our appointment to let you know what the total cost is, the findings of Barry's semen analysis, and whether or not we'll need ICSI. And of course the infamous IVF meds haul picture!!! The only things left to pick up are antibiotics and Estradiol which I'm picking up tonight from Publix, and the Bravelle and Menopur which I'll pick up tomorrow at our appointment! :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment