Monday, March 23, 2015

Stims days 4-6, I'm feelin it!

Not much to report about  for stim days 4 and 5 (Saturday & Sunday) as far as side effects are concerned. I definitely felt "hormonal" all weekend and cried at the dumbest things, but aside from that, I didn't feel much different. As a matter of fact, I cried both days about the fact that I didn't feel anything yet, and I was so worried that the doctor wouldn't find anything going on in my ovaries at all.
So moving on to my appointment Sunday morning...
WE HAVE FOLLICLES!!!!!!!!!
He measured about 5 on my left and 5 on the right. I saw about 7 or 8 on the right but he only measured the bigger ones.
Most of my follicles were about 4mm with a couple at 5mm and 6mm.
I did some research on this and found that, especially in the beginning, the follicles grow at a rate of approximately 1mm a day. Once you get about half way through stims they start growing around 2mm a day but can grow as many as 4mm in one day!! The doc was happy with this progress so I was too. I expected to see way more, but he said that along with the growth in size, we should also see a growth in quantity as well at our next appointment on stim day 8, Wednesday.

With the arrival of Monday, Stim day 6, came the onset of a few side effects.
1. Sleepiness/Tiredness. This one actually started the first or second day of stims but only late at night. Me being an insomniac, noticed right away how easy it was to fall asleep and stay asleep all night. The fatigue really hit me though starting yesterday afternoon when I got done running errands and getting a pedi with my Mom. I just figured that I was tired from my busy morning but by 3pm I was PASSED out on the couch. And it's only 11am right now and already I can't wait for bed.

2. Back pain/crampy/twinges. With that being said, I'm extremely grateful to not be experiencing any bloat yet whatsoever. The back pain feels like normal PMS back pain but it isn't constant and kind of the same with the cramps. The twinges feel exactly like ovulation type twinges so I'm anxious to start my cetrotide tomorrow morning.

3. Awareness of the oves. I can really feel them now. It feels very similar to the couple of days around the time that I ovulate except that I feel it on both sides instead of just one. I'm more aware of them when walking than sitting which I fully expect to get worse as time goes on.

I've been drinking around 72+ ounces of water a day since starting stims so hopefully that will help with the bloat. I know that you don't have to worry too much about OHSS until after the ER but maybe staying as hydrated as possible during the medication process will help prevent it altogether.

Summary:
2 vials of Menopur (total 150IU)
2 vials of Bravelle (total 150IU)
L- 5 or 6 around 4mm
R- 7 or 8 between 4mm and 6mm
E2 levels- 121
Weight- 110.4





No comments:

Post a Comment