Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's been a minute.

Forgive me for not having updated my blog in a while... all 4 or 5 followers, all of which are probably family members who know what going on anyways! ha!!
For those just passing through trying to learn as much about the process by other peoples own accounts of it like I did before embarking on my own IVF journey, here is an update to the FET.
I finished my birth control last Wednesday 5/6/15. I wasn;t suppose finish it until Friday, but it was literally turning me into an irrational, crazy bitch, and I couldn't take any more of it so I cut ties with it two days early.
Before you throw the book at me, know that my doctor was okay with me stopping at my last appointment (Monday 5/4); it was my nurses idea to keep me on it for an extra 4 days to insure I wouldn't ovulate.
But let me rewind a little. Friday, the 1st of May, I woke up with ovulation type pains and all of my other normal ovulation symptoms. Bewildered, I went on to take an ovulation test and to my surprise, the test line was quite dark.
The test was negative, because the first line needs to be as dark or darker than the second line to be positive but I was concerned at how dark it was being that I was on birth control. It should have been much lighter than that. So I called my nurse who insisted that it must have been a faulty test...
Well if the test was "faulty," explain to me then why it was even darker on Saturday morning!

So by now I'm freaking out thinking, "how the hell am I ovulating if I'm taking birth control pills?
Luckily, Sunday morning the line was lighter and continued to get lighter and ligher every day so I know  I didn't. I just wish the nurse wouldn't have blown me off.. "Like I don't know what I'm talking about."
So... Anyways.. that's why the nurse wanted me to stay on birth control for a few more days.. At the end of my appointment she told me to call with the start of my period, to schedule what they refer to as a 'day 13 appointment' which is where you go in, they check your estrogen and progesterone, and also do an ultrasound to the check the lining of your uterus. Depending on the findings, they'll either up my estrogen dose or keep it the same, and I'll also begin taking my progesterone that day, and every day from them on until 10 weeks of pregnancy.

Currently, I am on day 5 of this cycle. My day 13 appointment is next Thursday, 5/14 and I believe my transfer will be on 5/19. That would give us a due date of about Feb 3rd. :)  I have a feeling this month is going to fly by. 






No comments:

Post a Comment