Monday, April 20, 2015

Well, hello FREE FET

So..
Last week I started experiencing some lower left side pelvic pain again when walking, coughing, sneezing, peeing etc.. I finally called on Thursday morning because I just couldn't take anymore of it and I was growing more and more concerned since all major symptoms and pains were  suppose to have already gone away with the start of my period..
The next morning I went in for an ultrasound and low and behold, that problem-child, asshole ovary on the left was still enormous. Dr. D (my new fav) gave me more percocets for the pain and also prescribed me a birth control pill to be taken for only 10 days until my next ultrasound appointment. He said the pill should prevent my ovary from producing the hormones that are fueling the problem. I'm happy to report that after having taken only 3 pills so far, I already feel 20 times better.
After the ultrasound was complete, I was sent across the hall to see nurse P (also my fav) to go over the timeline of the FET (frozen embryo transfer). She started going over the medicine I'd be taking, when to start it, the correct dosages for each day, blah blah blah.. And then she said in about 24 days we'd have to come in and sign the thaw consent forms!
Huh?! There is no way we are going to come up with $3000 in the next month to do this transfer!
I let her finish her spiel and then calmly asked her when we would be responsible for paying and she looked at me sort of dumbfounded and replied, "oh no honey. You don't have to pay. It's free. You got OHSS! We aren't going to punish you for that!"
OMG! What? No way. Did I just hear that correctly? We don't have to pay?
All this time I was so stressed out about being so close, and still so far away from our end goal! And if only I would have known that a week and half ago after being told the transfer was cancelled! To say I was relieved and excited would be a total understatement. I was a lot of things. I was such an absolute mess of emotions that Mrs. Nurse P got to see me cry for the first time. The kind of cry with a straight, ugly face and gigantic alligator tears! 
Yuck
After the leaving the doctor's office, I surprised Barry at work with the news and afterwards we had a celebratory lunch at High Tide Burrito. 

So, here is my new tentative schedule:
4/17 - Start BC
4//26 - End BC
4/27 - Ultrasound to confirm ovary has shrank
{wait for "mini-period" to come within 3 days of last BC pill.}
4/29 - Start of period (assuming it takes 3 days to start.) Begin Estrogen pill (1 pill twice daily)
4/30 - Increase Estrogen to 2 pills twice daily
5/1 - Increase Estrogen to 3 pills twice daily and continue until confirmed pregnancy.
5/10 - Begin Progesterone (gel suppository) and continue until 10wks pregnant.
5/11 - Ultrasound to check uterine lining thickness and blood work to check hormone levels. 
5/16 - Transfer Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/23 Home Pregnancy Test
5/28 - Blood work to confirm pregnancy.




No comments:

Post a Comment