Friday, May 15, 2015

with any luck...


I just realized that, assuming my little snow baby implants and decides to stay,  we'll have a due date of the 2/4/16, which when read aloud, sounds close to 2,4,6.
I know it's lame, but I like it. It has a nice ring to it.
Due date calculations are a little different for people that have undergone fertility treatments. Normally you'd calculate the date by the first day of a woman's last period or the day she ovulated. So for instance, if you got your period on January 1st, typically you'd ovulate about 14 days later, January 14, and then start your period January 28th. All of that is assuming you have a "normal,"  28 day cycle. So by the first day of your missed period, in this case, Jan 28th, you're already considered 4 weeks pregnant.
Using that Math, I'm technically already 2 weeks pregnant today.  I know that probably sounds a little like I'm counting my chicken before it's hatched, but in reality I'm just trying to remain as positive as possible. And if that means pretending like I'm already pregnant, then fine!!
To calculate my due date, I have to go by the day of my transfer (may 20th) and use the the age of the embryo I'm transferring, which is 5 days old.

Here is the website I used if your interested:
http://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/content.php/749-IVF-Due-Date-Calculator-by-Date-of-Transfer-Retrieval-Ovulation-or-Insemination

Besides all of this fun stuff,  I'm starting to get excited again.  Ever since I started getting symptoms of OHSS, my thoughts have been inundated with negativity. I feel like my head and my heart are in a constant bloody battle of deliberations and I'm not even sure who I'm rooting for anymore. Even after learning that our FET was scheduled, my mind has felt trapped in an unexplored land of limbo. But since my appointment yesterday and having introduced more medicine into my my daily concoction this morning, my gloomy little spirit is becoming more zen. And it's radiating I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment