Monday, May 11, 2015

Well, shit.

This happened today...

One of the reasons they have me on Estrace is to prevent me from ovulating..
It looks like my body has other plans.. As usual.

As far as my cycle goes, I have no idea what this means.
I've read that they will either cancel your cycle, or if they catch your ovulation early enough, they can convert your to a "natural cycle" which is where they will put your embryo back in the day that it would normally be entering the uterus anyways, the same as a medicated cycle, but I would end the Estrace and instead of using a progesterone supplement, I'd do the HCG trigger shot before the transfer.
The silver lining is that I'm not having any of my typical ovulation-type cramps that I have every month. So MAYBE my body just released an LH surge without releasing an egg.
Here's how it works:
An ovulation test doesn't test whether or not you've ovulated, just that your body is gearing up to ovulate.  It shows that your body is producing an increased amount of the hormone, LH, which signals your ovaries to release an egg.
I won't know anything until I have an ultrasound.
I called my nurse about an hour ago and I'm still waiting on a call back.
Lets see if she think I'm lying again or calls my test "faulty" this time.
My test is 110% positive this go around.

UPDATE:
A new nurse called back, asked me at least 20 different, very specific questions about how I'm feeling, and told me that she'd discuss everything with my doctor and call me back shortly.

I'm a fucking wreck.. The hormone induced emotions that come along with IVF are completely exhausting and overwhelming. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready for all of this to be over.
Don't twist my words; I'm still more than grateful and blessed to have had the chance that most can't afford to be able to have a baby with the the help of science and modern medicine but I don't know how much more I can handle. I've been on a constant roller coaster for 3 months, and I'm ready to get off now.

UPDATE II:
Just as I suspected. If I ovulate, they will cancel my cycle.
For whatever reason, my doctor feels confident in letting me wait until my Thursday appointment to come in and confirm whether I did or didn't release an egg.  I suppose I'll be riding those wings until then. Hopefully what I'm considering to be confidence isn't one single ounce of anything less.
I asked her if I would be expected to pay for the next cycle if this one didn't work out and she said she wasn't sure but she'd have someone in billing call me back.
So now you know what I know.
I'll update you tomorrow with a new test.... if I can brave taking anymore.

UPDATE III:
I just read that dehydration can cause a false positive ovulation test. I did have a couple of beers last night at MIL's house and didn't drink anything else when I got home before going to bed and I tested with my first pee of the day.  That definitely eases my mind a little bit. I'm drinking TONS of water today and I'll test again later tonight and see what happens. If this test was truly positive, it would still be pretty dark tonight. Also, just realized I'm only on cycle day 10. Typically I don't get a positive until between cycle days 12-14. Cycle 10 would be pretty early, though it has happened before where I've ovulated really early. HOWEVER, my medicine should be preventing that from happening.
For now, I'm taking my husbands advice and not worrying about this. I'm handing all of my worries over to God and letting him carry them for me. 



1 comment: