Monday, August 10, 2015

"There's piss in my hair!!"

So, at every doctor appointment, they make me pee in a cup to check it for glucose, nitrate, protein, blood, and leukocyte esterase. This morning I entered the restroom, grabbed a specimen cup from the drawer, and wrote my name on it with the sharpie they so thoughtfully provide for you. Steady, Aim, Fire. After enough specimen was produced, I set the cup on the metal feminine disposal box, finished up, and flushed the toilet. I grabbed the cup and lid and prepared to seal my deal when all of a sudden, the lid slipped out of my butterfingers and rolled across the length of the bathroom, coming to rest under the sink. Holding the cup of urine in one hand, I bent over and picked up the lid from under the sink with my other hand. Temporarily forgetting about the unforgiving porcelain sink above me, I stood up with average force, knocked the top-side of my head against the basin, and sloshed a few drops of urine onto the floor.
"OWWW," I whispered.  I sealed the lid, placed the cup in the window as I was told, wiped the floor, and began to wash my hands when I noticed in the mirror that my hair was damp. It quickly hit me.. There was piss in my hair!!
I couldn't even be mad. All I could think was if someone else was there with me in that bathroom and had witnessed all of that, we'd both be rolling around on the floor, dying laughing.
I dried my hair, flipped it back, touched up my lip gloss, and left the bathroom; as right at rain.

That's how I roll.
Sometimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment