Thursday, August 6, 2015

14 weeks bumpdate!

Today officially makes me 14 weeks pregnant. The last few nights I've laid incredibly still in bed and tried to pay very close attention to any sensations in my belly, but still nothing. Maybe in the next couple of weeks.
My pregnancy app on my phone says that now is about the time I'll start getting my energy back and feeling less hormonal and nauseous which has actually been the case for the last several days. Other than the occasional aches and cramps in my belly from time to time, and OH! Not being able to sleep on my belly anymore as of 2 nights ago... Let me tell you what.. I'm a belly sleeper, always have been. HOWEVER, in the mornings, I find myself tossing and turning from side to side and not sleeping on my belly at all. So basically, I just use my belly to FALL ASLEEP on more or less. So a few nights ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp pains and aches in my lower stomach, but when I'll rolled over on my side it went away. It took me FOREVER to fall asleep and I couldn't stay asleep for anything that night. The next night, same exact thing as well as last night. So I guess my nights of stomach sleeping are over. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get acquainted with falling asleep on my side. So far my brain is having a major issue with it and doesn't want to shut down at night unless I'm on my stomach. I've read though, that body pillows are nice because they feel like your sleeping on your stomach.
ALL I WANT IS A GOOD NIGHTS' SLEEP!!!!!!
But back to what I was saying: I've been feeling great lately. Truth be told, I don't even really feel pregnant anymore now that the "morning" sickness is gone. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but it just makes me want to feel those little kicks and jabs that much more, to know that everything is going well. Thankfully I bought that Doppler a couple weeks ago and I have that for peace of mind every single night before bed.
That's about it in my little world.
My Mom and Aunt have so graciously donated their time and money looking for maternity clothes for me at consignment shops. And my friend, who now lives in Pensacola where her husband is stationed, is sending me her entire Maternity clothes lot as soon as she has her baby in about 6 weeks. The generosity that people have shown us recently is very humbling and it often makes me stop and think how lucky we are to be in the position we are with the baby and with the many people who care about us and love us. OH GOSH.. my hormones are starting to come out so I'm going to end this here before those faucets get turned on at work and then people find out I'm blogging on company time.
:)
Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment