Monday, August 24, 2015

Lets talk baby showers... [rant]

To say I'm overwhelmed would be an understatement. I have about 6 or 7 people wanting to throw me a baby shower that I don't even want anything to do with in the first place. For the few infertiles that may eventually stumble upon this blog, you know how it feels to be invited over and over and over to baby showers, believing that you'll never get to have one of your own. For 3 and half years I struggled with both going to baby showers and finding the strength to politely un-invite myself from them and although I'm finally pregnant, and it's finally time for mine, I want NOTHING to do with it. I completely and wholeheartedly resent them. Some may argue that this day isn't for me and it's selfish of me to try and exclude myself from it, but those are the ones that have no idea the emotional hardships my spouse and I have endured to get this far. And damn it, if I want to do things my way, for once; I'm going to put my foot down and do them my way. Now that I've been backed in to the baby-shower-corner and I'm having one to please everyone else, the whole "you can't plan your own shower" etiquette bullshit is going right out the proverbial window. It will be on the day and hour, at the location that I choose and feel most comfortable with.

There.

Lets see how long this backbone lasts.

Also it's worth noting that I realize baby showers  are a gift the the mother to be, and just because you're pregnant in no way entitles you to one. I am absolutely grateful for the family and friends who are just as excited as we are about our baby and the people who want to shower us baby bear with presents. I don't mean for this post to come off as selfish or cold; I'm just being honest about my feelings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment