Wednesday, April 1, 2015

TRIGGER IN T-MINUS 6 HOURS

We made it!!

Day 15. Who'd have thought.
I took my last Cetrotide this morning and I'll take my last 2 Bravelles at 6:30 tonight. Then at 9pm, my lovely, dearest, husband gets to drive a 1.5 inch needle into my hip and inject me with 5,000IU's of pregnancy hormone to trigger my perfect little potential future babes to full maturation  in preparation for the egg harvest on Friday.
Perhaps with Friday being Good Friday, we will yield Good results.
I do find it ironically funny that all of this egg talk is happening the same week as Easter.

As far as feelings go.. I'm tired and sleepy to the extreme. I'm  sore. Like, every where. Even my left side, with it's lonely little 1 follicle, hurts just as bad as the right. My back hurts like I'm on day 1 of a new cycle, and as of 2am this morning, I've had a constant, annoying headache. I've read a lot of other IVF'ers post about the infamous headache that sticks with them from about half way through stims until the egg retrieval is complete and I thought I was lucky enough to not have to deal with it, but I think this one is here to stay. I'll also add that the bloat and pressure in my lower belly is enough to make me grateful for having no more than the amount of follicles I currently have. There. I said it. I have officially moved on from the "discomfort" phase, and into the "painful" phase. I feel like every couch or sneeze could potentially rupture my ovary and It's not fun.
With having said that, I should also mention that I'm in no way complaining one bit. I'm forever gracious no matter the outcome,  of having lived through these experiences over the last couple of weeks and I'm so glad that we were able to have the chance at it. I will hold these moments close to my heart for the rest of my life as I do with the amazing and painful ones that brought us this far.


Summary:
Weight- 112.6
2 Vials of Bravelle (150IU) pm
Cetrotide (0.25mg) am
Novarel HCG  (5,000IU) 9pm
Ciproflaxin (1 pill in am/pm)


I won't be having another ultrasound until the ER on Friday so all I can do is guess, but if we assume that my follicles grew another 2mm overnight like they did the night before last, here is what they should be today:
R:  19, 19, 18, 18, 17, 16, 15
L:  17
Over the next 42 hours or so, they will hopefully grow another 1mm (because of the Bravelle) and then another 1mm-3mm thanks for the the HCG Trigger. Hopefully my lining will plump up a little more too in the next 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment