Friday, April 10, 2015

OHSS - the 'coming down' emotions.

OHSS is a bitch and the emotions you feel after being told that your transfer is cancelled because of it  is pure devastation.  I was told that there really isn't much you can do to prevent it and the only way for it to get better is to start your period so you basically just have to wait it out and take your pain pills like you're suppose to.
Leaving my embryos behind wasn't easy. I'm already so attached to them.
It only just now hit me, last night actually, at what they really are.
They are mine and Barry's. Our creations. We made them all by ourselves.
 (well. no. I guess we didn't. But that's not important.)
They are our embryos and to me, they may as well already be our living, cooing, breathing, babies.
I can only imagine how ridiculous this sounds from an outside perspective but that's truly how I feel in my heart and I just want my babies back where they belong; with me.

Also feeling your body get back to it's normal self is bitter sweet. For the past 3 weeks, I've cried at literally EVERYTHING overly happy/sad and everything in between as well. I wouldn't have made it through without the support of my family and my loving, understanding husband.

Dr appointment today went well. My bloat has gone almost completely though not all the way and I can breath while caring on a conversation!!!!!! My ovaries are still really big but the  ascites is improving. 
They said we could choose to wait a month before we start out FET or we could jump right in just as soon as I start my period in the next couple of days. Medically, there is no advantage with choosing one or the other. I keep going back and forth with this one and haven't yet made a decision. I guess ultimately, money will be the deciding factor.




No comments:

Post a Comment