Thursday, October 8, 2015

23 weeks update with pictures galore! (sex talk disclosure...)

Let me just say, I had a really hilarious post lined up for week 22 but my draft was somehow deleted and my lovely pregnancy hormones did not take to it very well.
So that's why I missed a week.

But I'm making up for it in pictures this week!

First thing's first. There will be a second and a half of sex talk in this post. Nothing dirty, but it goes along with the very scary ordeal Barry and I faced last night. So there is your warning.

Last night, at some point during said activity, blood was noticed. Bright red, terrifying blood. I jumped up and ran from the bed to the bathroom where I sat down on the toilet. Barry came in secondly, knelt down in front of me, and rested his hands on my knees. We sat like this for a few moments, head to head, staring at the floor. Then Barry began coaching me on how to breathe. It wasn't until then that I even realized I was on the verge of hyperventilating. After using the restroom, I stood and peered apprehensively into the toilet bowl. There were no more traces of blood, which mean I wasn't actively bleeding, but not knowing the exact cause of that amount of blood was still very unnerving. Afterwards we showered off and I laid down in bed where I was met by Barry as I tried desperately to find Elle's heartbeat on the Doppler. It had been such a long time since I used it that I wasn't really sure where to find her. After a couple minutes I located it; a happy and healthy 160bpm. Needless to say I didn't sleep well last night at all but I was still relived to have found her heartbeat and to have felt her moving around after the incident.
This morning at my appointment, they clarified what I thought had happened. During pregnancy your blood vessels swell with all of the extra blood pumping to the cervix, uterus, and vagina. Those blood vessels become increasingly sensitive too and when bumped even slightly can burst.. That my friends is where the blood came from last night. The Doctor told me to wait at least two weeks before anymore "activity" is had. I told her not to worry. "My husband probably won't touch me again for the remainder of this pregnancy now that hes' seen how incredibly fragile I am."

Barry, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry and also very thankful that we shared that experience together. I can't imagine having gone through anything like that without you. I know how scared you were, but you handled the situation (and me) so delicately with such emotional strength. I love you so much.

The upside to all of this, is I got an ultrasound out of it! Elle wasn't very "active" but she was awake during it. She appeared to be talking to herself throughout the whole thing and even stretched for us and sucked her thumb! She had me and the tech cracking up!

Other than that incident, not much as changed. Still no usual pregnancy side effects. I feel 100% normal other than being hot all of the time and my hips and back hurting from having to sleep on my left side every night. Oh, and if I take a shower right after eating and attempt to bend over and shave my legs, the act of bending over will make me vomit. EVERY TIME. So that's fun.

What I look like when sitting.

What I look like when standing.


What I looked like two weeks ago (red) vs what I look like today. 

What Miss Elle looked like today during her photo shoot. 
Sucking her thumb (top)
Singing, mouth agape into the invisible microphone she's holding in front of her mouth (left)
Profile (right)





No comments:

Post a Comment