Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And another first.. [Braxton Hicks]

Two first-time experiences in one week!
This morning on my way to work I had off and on cramps which felt similar to period cramps but I felt them in my back really bad as well.
When I got to work, they had pretty much vanished so I carried on with my normal morning routine. During my bowl of cereal, I got a little crampy again. It only lasted a few moments and then stopped and then I began to feel Elle wiggling around so naturally I put my hand to my belly. My initial thought was, "holy cow! She's right there," because I felt this hard lump. However, after further investiagion, I realized my whole entire belly was as a hard as a rock! It didn't hurt at all, and oddly enough, the cramps had gone away too, it was just the tightening. I haven't felt anymore cramps and as far as I know, I haven't had anymore contractions. But who knows, if I was having cramps all morning long on my way to work, it was probably contracting then too. That's crazy.
I did read a while ago that Braxton Hicks are common anytime after 20 weeks so I'm not concerned at all. I'll just have to get checked out if it happens more than 4 times in one hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment