Wednesday, September 9, 2015

It's a................

GIRL!!!!!





I'd be lying if I said my initial reaction wasn't that of a slight let down and feeling of somewhat disappoinment. It certainly took me about an hour to compose myself and remember all that we've been through and overcome to get to this point. By the time I'd gotten to work and said out loud, "it's a girl" at least a half dozen times, it was beginning to fluently roll off my tongue and it just felt right, like this is the way it's suppose to be. 
When we were first told though, Barry and I were both pretty silent. I think I was more worried about what he was thinking even though he isn't like that.. He couldn't have cared either way, but I know both of our hearts were set on a boy. After we finished, I sat up on the table and turned around to Barry and told him that this Baby was all his. "She's going to be a little Daddy's girl." I think, by the look on his face, those sobering words struck a chord within him and from that moment on he didn't stop smiling. He even texted me way later after the appointment and told me that he was still smiling!
Ever since the appointment I've been feeling this weird lump in the back of my throat that pulsates with the rhythm of my heartbeat and at times I feel slightly dizzy. These feelings have also been accompanied by a constant headache as well.. Not sure what this is all about but hopefully it's the just anxiety and excitement from this morning. 

I still can not believe my little baby bear boy is a Girl. 
"I'm sorry for having called you a boy for the last 19 weeks my sweet baby girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment