Thursday, June 18, 2015

7 weeks down (EDITED TO ADD PICS**)

Baby's 7 week update :

5ab has yet again doubled in size from week 6 and is now the size of a blueberry and should be measuring roughly 1 centimeter :) His entire skeleton is fully formed but remains soft and pliable under his parchment thin skin.  Lids now cover his already slightly colored eyes and his facial features and are becoming more human-like. He even has a little tongue! His arms and legs are getting longer and are beginning to segment into future fingers and toes! His tooth buds will also begin forming this week as well as his pancreas, appendix and his permanent set of kidneys; he's been through 3 sets already!! I have officially began transferring nourishment and oxygen to our little squid via the umbilical cord.
Also, fun fact: 5ab's brain is producing about 100 new brain cells every single minute of the day!

How's Mama? :
SICK! Today, actually his been the worst yet. I haven't actually gotten sick today but I've been nauseated since before I even got out of bed. I keep thinking that I might feel better if I just force myself to get sick and get it out of my system. But then I remember that this isn't just a "bug" that needs to run it's course. It's my hormones that aren't going to let up just because I go into the bathroom and gag myself.  So I'll just sit here and smile at the fact that I'm still pregnant. In all honesty I appreciate the times that I'm nauseous because it lets me know things are still progressing like they should. I don't have a "bump" yet and probably won't for many, many more weeks, so in the meantime my "symptoms" are the only things keeping me occupied and calm.  Other than the all-day nausea, I'm sleepy; so, so sleepy! My favorite time part of the day is going home after work and taking my 1-2 hour nap. I may even start taking a cat nap during my lunch break just buy myself a little bit more energy for the drive home. The tiredness and sleepiness is not even something I thought was real. I guess that's what I get for secretly thinking pregnant women were just being lazy bitches and using pregnancy as an excuse to sleep instead of being productive.

Also- I still can't believe that this is real life.
Barry put our ultrasound photos on the fridge yesterday and I can't even describe how full my heart was seeing them this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment