Thursday, June 11, 2015

6 weeks PREGNANT!


And it still feels unbelievable! No, like, really. I still don't fully believe it!

I know I speak for a lot of woman who have experienced pregnancy loss when I say that going to the bathroom is still a bit scary. Yes, every single time. Every time I go, I expect to stand up and see a bowl full of red and for the past 2 weeks, every single time I wipe I stare at the tissue for no less than 60 seconds, examining it for any trace of blood. Monday, it finally happened. I went to the bathroom, wiped, examined, and saw the tiniest little smear of pink on the paper. Oddly though, I didn't feel fear, or worry, or much of anything really. I just finished up, washed my hands and called the doctor when I returned to my office. She explained that spotting is as normal in early pregnancy as morning sickness and said that they wouldn't even bring me in for a scan unless I was full on bleeding. She said as long as I wasn't have any cramps with it, I was fine and just to go home every night and take it easy for the next week until the ultrasound. She did however, agree to let me come in for more blood work to ease my mind. The following day she called but before she read me my results she explained that given how far along I am and based off of what my last numbers were almost a week ago, my new number needed to be around 5,100. She then told me mine:
 7,442!!!!
OMG!!!!! Our little 5ab is kickin ass in there!! I'm so proud of my little pomegranate seed! Oh yea, so on to my 6 week update!
5ab is the size of a POMEGRANATE SEED!!! 
He has tripled in size from last week and now has a 4 chambered heart that is pumping at around 150 beats per minute! He's about to start sprouting his little nose, eyes, ears, and cheeks, and he might even be wiggling his little hand and feet buds already too! His kidneys, lungs, and liver are in place as well but still have a lot of developing to do.

Mama:
Nausea is becoming more frequent and stronger. I was close to getting sick twice during a movie last night and also nearly lost it while brushing my teeth this morning and after eating my banana for breakfast.  My sniffer has become that of a bloodhound and more times than not, is responsible for my upset stomach. Weight Gain: 0. If anything, I've lost the weight that I put on during IVF; not on purpose though. I guess it's just from eating this healthy. With that being said, I'm still very bloated and I've already "out grown" most of my jeans. Luckily some genius, at some point, came up the rubber band trick which has been keeping my jeans closed all week since I can't button most of them anymore. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait til the 15th so I can officially congratulate you. Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete