Monday, April 1, 2013

Things I don't like to hear and why.

1. Don't worry, I know it will happen for you guys soon. 
First of all, no you don't. You don't know that, so don't say it. Have you ever actually "tried" to have a baby. How many tries did it take. My situation is not more important than someone else's just because it's had more downs than ups, but it should be treated a little more carefully and gently than someone that got pregnant their first of second try. Stop acting like it's all rainbows and puppy dog tails.
It's not.

2. You need to move on and stop dwelling on this. 
I have moved on. I do not dwell on it. Perhaps the reason I'm still sad (once or twice a month about it) isn't because it happened, it's because nothing has happened since. It's like I'm broken. And until you know how it feels, don't tell me to stop being sad. I am allowed to have a sad day here and there just like everyone else. When I tell you I'm sad, I'm looking for support, not for you to tell me to move on. I've done that already.

3. Maybe if you try not to stress out, you'll get pregnant.
Sure, maybe you're right. But I haven't been stressed out since Christmas. At least not anymore than usual.  So, then again maybe you're wrong. I have been happier than a pig in shit lately.. I got a little down when I went off of birth control a week ago. A gave it a few days and finally got over it. This week I realized what day it was and primitively took my "due date" off, as I knew it would be one of my "sad days." I'd love to just forget that date  but I haven't as of yet and doubt I will  between now and Monday. Does recognizing the fact that it might be a rough day make me a sad person? Does it mean I'm dwelling on the loss. NO. It means I'm giving myself ONE day.

I'm not asking for special treatment. I'm not asking that everyone drop what they are doing and sympathize for me. I don't want your sympathy. Why do think we never told anyone about the whole thing other than the people that knew we were pregnant to begin with?  All I want is support when I'm having a bad day. And allow me a bad day every now and then.
Please, don't be so judgmental.


No comments:

Post a Comment