Thursday, April 4, 2013

A breath of Fresh Air

For Privacy reasons, I will be referring to my OBGYN as  "A" in this post.

So... I've noticed a few not so great things about my birth control (mini pill) this week. To name a few, my chest has been breaking out really bad, which I thought was my new clean and clear soap (?) but since I've changed soaps since the breakout started, and it's still happening, I've concluded it's the pill. Also, I've had almost a constant dull headache that seems to get worse at night. I thought for this reason, it was because I've been slacking on wearing my glasses at work, but I've worn my glasses every day this week and still get horrible headaches, so I've concluded that this too, is  symptom. And lastly, I had breakthrough bleeding yesterday, CD 10 and today, CD 11. So... Yea. Not very cool.
I called my Dr. and told her what was happening. She said to stop taking the pill. I will keep my ultrasound appointment for 5 weeks from now and see how the cysts are doing. Hopefully the irregular bleeding stops between now and then. Dr. A seems to think it will. She said if the ultrasound shows that the cysts have grown, then she will put me on a higher dose birth control to eliminate them. If they have gotten smaller, then we would proceed with other test.

"Other tests?" you ask.

Well. She asked if Barry and I were trying and I told her yes, that by July, we will have been trying for a year already.
She said that after the ultrasound appointment, she wanted to see me back so that we could talk about doing a work up of Barry's Sperm Analysis and blood work for me as well as having a HSG or  Hysterosalpingogram to see if my tubes are blocked or I have any abnormalities in my tubes or uterus.

I can not even begin to describe the hope that was instilled in me today. I feel like we are on the right track. I feel awesome right now! And so happy to have something to look forward to.

Oh yaaaaayyy! How exciting!





No comments:

Post a Comment