Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Baby Shower

So.. the baby shower that I was so against having..... went well.. In fact, it went really well. Elle made out like a little bandit. Its kind of hard to not go home and start unpacking her stuff and putting everything together, and washing and organizing all of her stuff but hopefully it won't be too much longer.
My fear is that by the time we get to that point, I'll be so big and uncomfortable that I'll dread the amount of work ahead of me to get all of her stuff ready before she arrives. Right now I just have to take it one day at a time and try not to get overwhelmed. We do have an overwhelming amount of work still to do... Just getting all of her stuff out of boxes and bags, and washed, folded, organized by size, and put away is an entire weekend's worth or work. And we haven't even started on her nursery yet! However, as much as I have to complain about, at least I'm not going to work and then coming home and doing hard labor until 9 or 10 at night like my darling husband is. I've just been working on all of the trim and baseboards that have to be refinished, which is hard enough for the third trimester but that doesn't keep me from feeling guilty that I can't do more to help Barry. I can't even fathom how sore his body is and he just powers through it day after day. And I don't even have the energy to cook him a nice meal, we've just been eating shitty frozen meals almost every night or getting greasy drive thru meals.  Some wife I am! 
Any ways.. I just wanted to drop a line about how I survived the shower. It really wasn't that big of a deal in retrospect, even though my heart palpitations and contractions last Sunday would probably state otherwise. But it was really nice to see everyone! I just wish we would have invited a photographer friend. I didn't get one single photo of anything and the decorations were done so perfectly!! It's probably something I'll regret for a long time but I've already told Barry we are hiring someone for the birth. I have ZERO non-iphone photos of this pregnancy so far and it sucks. Being into photography as much as we are, I thought we'd be the couple that kept a very good digital/film record of everything but so far, we've pretty much sucked. lol So having photos of Elle's Birth Day is really important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment