Thursday, November 12, 2015

28 WEEK (hot flashes, renovations, and baby shower talk) W/ PICS

Let me just start this off by saying Elle's survival rate if born this week is a whopping 95%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In light of pregnancy symptoms, I feel like they have all waited until now to hit me. The honeymoon phase of pregnancy is officially over. Although my spirit is still on cloud 9, sleep deprivation is settling in. Still, and thankfully still, after a couple nights of a horrible sleep, I'm usually greeted with a couple nights, back to back, of incredible slumber which is nice. For the most part, heartburn only strikes at night when I lay down for bed... AFTER I get all nice and comfy. But it's still no match for tums which I'm also incredibly thankful for. The renovations at the house are coming along. Drywall has been postponed to next weekend due to Barry's sweet grandpa passing away last weekend. As is exhausting and at times, stressful, as this all has been, I feel incredibly fortunate that we are able to get the things done that we need to get done using our HELOC loan. It's nice not having to worry about money at the moment when things like health insurance premiums and maternity leave consume almost every waking thought you have.
Oh and our baby shower is this weekend. There are a few outofstaters that I really wish could make it, but I know they'll be there in spirit. As nervous as I am about all of the attention I'm about to receive, I'm so excited to see all of our friends and family. Some of them we haven't seen since shortly before starting IVF! And the weather is suppose to be PERFECT this weekend. Well... perfect would be low 60's but considering we've been breaking record highs for November almost every day this month, low 70's is more than welcoming! Especially on account of all these insanely, anxiety provoking hot flashes I've been getting this week. These things hit fast and out of no where and some are downright painful. My whole entire body feels like it's boiling and I'm sure turns as red as a beet! The worst one yet was the other night while in line at the grocery store. I felt it and immediately started chugging my ice water which I don't think did anything.  I felt like everyone was staring at me which only added fuel to my internal blaze! My heart was racing, my skin boiling... I just looked at Barry ready to ball my eyes out... Within a minute or two were outside and I was beginning to calm down and cool off again. The fact that I have no idea when one will strike only adds to my anxiety and now I'm that much more afraid of socializing or even being in public for that matter! Hopefully this resolves itself after pregnancy and my internal temperature goes back to normal.





No comments:

Post a Comment