Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Things they don't tell you about being pregnant..

In the few weeks I've been knocked up, I've compiled a short list of the not-so-elegant side to pregnancy:

  • One word: constipation. No need to further elaborate.
  • Morning sickness comes and goes on a daily and weekly basis. One minute you think to yourself, "Yes! I'm finally out of the woods!" and then, BLAM!!! It strikes again.
  • Morning sickness is not just confined to the early morning hours. In fact, mine usually last until 1 or 2 o'clock. And on the rare occasion-after dinner as well. 
  • Water can and will give you heartburn.
  • Your favorite foods pre-pregnancy will NOT be your favorite foods during pregnancy. At least not while your battling "morning" sickness. The blandest foods available will become your new best friends.
  • Your boobs will morph into those of a Victoria's Secret model- HUGE. Unfortunately however, they will be too sore too even look at, much less touch. And if that wasn't lovely enough, your painful yet itchy nipples feel like they'll break off and fall down the drain when they water hits them in the shower.
  • Your skin will become extremely sensitive. I'm not talking about zits, which I'm sure is just waiting around the corner for me. I'm talking razor sensitivity. Be prepared for razor burn/bumps even with a brand new blade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment