Friday, July 10, 2015

10 WEEKS = 1/4 of the way through pregnancy already!

I know at some point these words will loose their meaning to some, but I still can hardly believe I'm pregnant, much less 10 weeks already!



I got to see little baby bear yesterday! He was waving to us and kicking his little legs too!!!!
He's measuring exactly 10 weeks (2.94 centimeters) and is the size of a dried date! (excuse my stolen Internet photo. Date photos are hard to find and I didn't want to buy any actual dates from the store.)
We also got to hear his little heartbeat yesterday for the first time; 183 beats per minute! The nurse said he looked great and all of his specs were perfect!

Update on him:
He is now equipped with all of this internal organs and his heart is almost fully developed!. His toes and fingers are no longer webbed and his eyes are moving from the sides of this head, to the front where they will soon be permanently located. His ears are also taking their final shape. This week he'll begin sampling tiny amounts of amniotic fluid which tastes like whatever I eat. By the time he is 13-15 weeks, his taste buds will have fully formed and he will begin taking in much larger amounts. During the third trimester, he'll be swallowing up to a liter of amniotic fluid a day!

How's Mamma?
This weeks "morning sickness" is mostly only occuring during hours surround lunch. Also, before or even after dinner, I've gotten queasy too. As long as I eat breakfast before I'm hungry, I can usually fend off being sick in the AM but now the PM sickness is taking effect. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, this will all be a thing of the past.
Also, Milk of Magnesia and prune juice are my new besties. :)

OH and another thing to add to the list of  "Things they don't tell you about being pregnant:" You can't lick the spoon and bowl when you finish making a batch of brownies.
DAMN IT!! It felt unholy to just wash all of it down the drain :(
BUT, the brownies turned out excellent, so whatevs!


No comments:

Post a Comment