Monday, July 6, 2015

9w4d [late] update

Happy 9 weeks my not so little 5ab who is the size of a kumquat!
We have officially graduated from embryo to fetus as his embryonic tail has finally vanished! His eyes are fully formed now although his lids are fused shut and will remain so until about 27 weeks. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most the critical job of producing hormones. Now that his basic physiology is in place, he's poised for rapid weight gain.
Fun facts- by week 9, thumb sucking begins! He's also able to swallow amniotic fluid, grasp and object, move his head forward and back, open and close his mouth, move his tongue, sigh, and stretch!!

How's Mamma?
Well, other than being glued to the toilet Thursday night from about 1am - 2am and having a headache most of the day Friday, this weekend was really great! Besides a few "food aversion moments" I didn't really have much queasiness. However, now that it's Monday and I have work to do, I feel terrible. Like, so sick I just want to cry about it! I forced down my cheerios  for breakfast and it's looking like I'll have to "force" down my soup for lunch too but maybe after that I'll feel better... Aside from this "morning" sickness, I'm extra crampy today which I think may have something to do with the ole pipes being backed up still which I'm hoping the prunes I pick up later form the store will fix.

Here's my stomach.
Is that a bump, you ask?
Nope... Not yet. I believe that's just the ice cream I've been wallowing in every night after dinner. And probably a fart or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment