Wednesday, July 22, 2020

That luscious lining though!

       So, today was my first monitoring visit for this cycle and it went AMAZING!!

(For anyone that happens upon this post while searching fertility diets, and want to see what I've been doing- I'll post my diet at the end)

Okay, I so went in this morning for blood work and lining check andddd.... (drum roll please..)

10 mm and Triple Stripe!!!
 I could not even. 

       Now, in the grand scheme of things, I know some women a have lining as thick as 12, 13, up to 16 milometers in UNMEDIATED cycles... And to those women, my hat is off to you. My measly 10 mm lining is probably pretty unworthy of writing about, but considering everything my poor uterus just underwent AND my sad little 7mm lining at my last transfer attempt- I am MEGA excited- THRILLED for my 10mm lining this go around!! When that number left the Doctor's lips my entire body and soul breathed a satisfying sigh of relief. I've already been feeling immensely positive about this cycle and I feel like that number completely validated my feelings. With that said, I've also been [understandably] concerned about my uterus in general as well as the lining; thinking, "how could it possible heal that quickly after the surgery and rebuild that quickly?" My nurse told me though, that the Estrogen would help to heal it and grow that lining quickly. As I mentioned, my previous attempted transfer, my lining only made it to 7mm and I've read about women at other centers having their cycles canceled if their lining wasn't at least 8 and 9 so my number last time had me incredibly worried. I'll have to go back and check, but I believe my very first (successful) transfer, my lining was 11 at the time of transfer, So since I still have a week to go, I''m sure I'll reach and possibly even surpass that.

       Things I've been eating : Brazil Nuts/ Dark Chocolate.
Brazil Nuts is a food that contain the highest amount of Selenium on the planet. This mineral helps to thicken the Uterine wall which in can encourage implantation of the embryo. Additionally Selenium is a mild anticoagulant, which can increase blood flow to the uterus.  And the Dark chocolate honestly, for me just makes the Brazil nuts edible because I eat them both in the same bite! LOL) but also it's contains a lot of antioxidants.

       I've also been drinking at least one Red drink or Green drink daily.
Red Drinks to beef up the uterine lining improve blood flow and the Green Drink to clean up the free radicals and even out my pH balance.

Red Drinks consist of
8 oz Water
8 oz 100% Pom Juice
2 raw Beets
1 Avocado
1 handful each of Strawberries, Blueberries, Spinach, and fresh Pineapple.

Green Drink:
16 oz Water
1 Avocado
Pineapple
Spinach
Lemon Juice

On friday, we begin Endometrin and PIO shots so I'll check back in at that tim
e.

No comments:

Post a Comment