Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tribulations of the third trimester. 35w5d

Everyone who sees me these days asks how I'm feeling and for lack of energy to respond to each one I usually just reply with a simple and generic, "I'm well, thanks!"
I promised God that if he allowed IVF to work, I'd never once complain about being pregnant, and I think I've held up my end of the bargain so far.
So I start this by saying, in no way am I complaining in this post... I'm just updating my records for future Candace to look back on one day.

I'm 2 days shy of 36 weeks! I'm still feeling pretty good, considering...
I still don't have any stretch marks although I started getting some dark purple spiderey veins popping up on my upper thighs this week. My hair, skin and nails still look amazing. ESPECIALLY my skin. I haven't experienced this long of a streak in clear skin since before I turned 11 so for me , this has been one of my favorite parts of pregnancy. Hopefully it doesn't all come crashing down after the birth.

For the not so pleasant things: I can't sleep. EVER. I wake up every 2 hours on a good night, and every hour on the hour, the rest of the nights to get up and go pee. I have heartburn to some degree almost 24 hours a day which contributed to my sleeplessness. I have contractions throughout most of the day and night too. My feet hurt the instant I stand on them in the morning and don't stop hurting until I lay down at night. And when I lay down for bed, the bottoms of them become really itchy (I guess from the swelling) which again, contributes to the sleeplessness. But basically, if I am standing, I am hurting.
Yesterday and today I've been really crampy and I can feel pressure much lower than before however I don't think she's "dropped" yet because I still feel pressure under my top right rib and I become winded very easily still. I've read that when they drop, it becomes much easier to breathe and the rib pain ceases for the most part.
I'm not sure if it's Elle sucking the life out of me or the lack of sleep, but I've felt more tired than usual lately too. EXCEPT for the random bursts of energy last weekend in our race to finish the nursery where we worked until 12:30 at night and then about 12 hours the next day too. And every night when I get home, I make it a point to do at least one thing. Last night for instance, I put the stroller together and figured out how to use it and the infant carrier together. The night before I got the infant carrier out of the box and put the rock n' play together. As far as finishing the the house/nursery is concerned, we still need to get down to IKEA for a new rug, lamps for the den, shelves for Elle's room, and maybe a toy chest and some storage items for her room/closet. We also need to make a trip to babies r us to finish purchasing some things from the registry that we didn't received that we're still in need of. Maybe after those things we can rest a little. Although its really hard to rest when all you want to do is nest. Even though the house is mostly done and everything is almost put back where it belongs, everything still needs to be cleaned. LIKE majorly cleaned. LIKE, an entire weekend of nonstop cleaning. I don't think my floors have been mopped in a month!
Oh! And we have date guessed rolling in. I've said since the beginning that I think she's going to come either the day before of after my Dad's birthday. My Mom thinks the 20th, and I can't remember what my little sister said, I think the 22nd. Barry said the 18th because he had a dream about the number 18 and in his dream it ended up becoming the day Elle was born. When he mentioned he had dreamed it he impersonated MLK, "I have a dream." and my Mom went, "wait a minute... the 18th is MLK day." Of course no one believed her until google confirmed it and then upon this realization I think we all wanted to change our date  guesses to the 18th! It was  pretty hilarious! We all got quite the chuckle out of it. I just hope with all these early guesses, she doesn't come any later than the 4th. I know me, and that will drive me bonkers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment